Monday 26 December 2011

Merry Christmas

As it's the festive season, a time for family and friends to get together, I thought now would be the time to update my blog!


Had quite a nice (if not brief) Christmas with the family! Dad seemed to be aware that it was Christmas most of the time (he gets very confused about days). Although I had to double up on Christmas shopping this year, also making sure that mum had presents to open on Christmas morning from dad as well as from me! It was important to make it special and be together, as we can't be sure what next year has in store.


I think for any carer, what they really want is someone to talk to, a break from the 24-7 pressure they're under, a sense of normality to some extent! Oh, and she now has an iPad - a worthwhile investment for anyone who is unable to leave the house (she can play games, read newspapers, FaceTime). At times, I think she want to present on This Morning in The Hub!


Mum has great friends and neighbours nearby who pop in. Even just 5 mins having somebody to chat to can be a welcome break from what can be a tiring and sometimes repetitive day!


So to next year...in October I'll be walking the Great Wall of China to raise money for Alzheimer's Society! I've been thinking about doing something for a while, and now actually put plans into action! Thank you to everyone who's donated so far, it really does mean a lot, especially at this time of year! I need to raise £3000 by summer, which will go to fund much needed research into a heartbreaking disease that so far has no cure!


If you'd like to donate, even just £1, click HERE link to my JustGiving page, or you can text "XAGX75 £1/5/10" to 70070! Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment